Employment & Internships
We are currently hiring Summer Program Staff.
SUMMER PROGRAM 2013 INTERN
Position will start on Monday, June 24th and end Friday, August 2nd, 2013. Interns will work approximately 40-45 hours a week and be compensated based on a flat rate stipend.
Dates of Summer Program: July 1 – August 2, 8am-3:30pm
DayBreak is looking for individuals who are committed to serving the Lord in the inner-city with their time, energy, flexibility, and dedication in our summer academic program for elementary school students. Interns will be part of a team that will implement a summer program for students going into first through sixth grades. The DayBreak summer program includes an integrated curriculum of math and reading instruction, Bible teaching, academic enrichment, the arts, recreation, field trips, and more.
This summer, we are implementing a program that will offer students five weeks of full-day activities. We are excited about the increased opportunities to minister to children and families of Lincoln Heights.
- Pursuing a college degree.
- Ability to be flexible and creative and adapt to a dynamic program and clients.
- Participate in training and leadership development that will equip all staff for summer work.
- Shepherd children throughout the day to and from their activities and chaperone museum visits and field trips
- Lead Bible lesson.
- Give direction to children throughout the day and implement discipline policy when necessary.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until April 15th, 2013. Positions will be offered no later than April 30th, 2013.
To download the application, click here.
Please email your completed applicaiton to Kim McCullough, firstname.lastname@example.org. Call us if you have any questions (202) 396-5710.